Saturday, November 15, 2008

A saturday picnic at the pond





It was a beautiful day today. We took the kids to a near by pond and had a pinic. We only ate maybe 2 bites of our sandwiches and fed the rest to the ducks. There was some normal size ducks and then there were swans and geese and they were huge! They were as tall as Jay Jay! They would eat out of Jays Jays hand and he wasn't even afraid. Me on the other hand when i had a flock of those things coming at me i ran! haha thats why you saw jeff helping feed them and me far in the distance taking pictures. Some of them were mean and would get frustrated if you didn't feed them fast enough. One bit Jay Jay and he didn't even cry. All in all though it was fun!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love feeding the ducks! We will have to do that next time we are down. I love the picture of you, Mallory, Heather and the baby!

Jill Duncan said...

What a fun day! That must be nice to have a pond so close by. I can't believe how brave your kids are! I would have been standing far away too!

Heather Stott said...

I didn't know you went and fed the ducks again? I thought maybe after your horrifying encounter with the attacking ducks and throwing the kids through the windows to save them you wouldn't go back? but I guess you didn't learn your lesson! ahahahahah

Cindy said...

I have always wondered if my little grandson could handle those aggresive birds??????? Im not sure I could handle them either. Looks like fun, and I may just have to brave it.