Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snakes....

This post is long over due. A little over a month ago we got snakes! YES, snakes! We were at the pet store one saturday afternoon (as we often do for fun) not intending on buying anything and Jeff and Jay Jay were looking at these snakes and a family came up to them and said if your interested in getting a snake we have 2 and we will sell you the 2 snakes and the cage for a really good deal. Jeff looked up at me to see my reaction cause he knows there is no way in HE** I would ever own a snake let a lone 2!! but the family actually lived in our ward boundaries but they must not be members cause we don't know them. anyways needless to say we went and looked at them and the kids and Jeff loved them so much I couldn't say no. Jeff was so shocked he couldn't believe that i said yes. As crazy as it sounds I'm really glad we got them cause the kids are in heaven and not a day goes by they don't hold them. you would think after a month they would be old news but no they LOVE them! especially Jay Jay!! The family we got them from are awesome and we practically got them for free!!

The long one is a girl the shorter one is a boy

Hahaha I love this picture! Jay Jay doesn't even look like himself cause he is smiling so big!!

This one got a little to cozy around Brydee's neck
(it wasn't squeezing her it just was cozy)


Jay Jay loves them! He is so not afraid!

As you can see Brydee loves them too!
They are ball snakes and super super nice! These kids have sadly abused these snakes and they will never bite them. Jay Jay will throw them around his neck or he will bring the face right up to him and let it kiss him or thats what he thinks its doing when it slithers his tongue. These snakes really are good snakes i have to say.






9 comments:

Davey Family said...

Well it's no surprise how I feel about them. I HATE SNAKES and can't believe anyone would consider them as a pet. However it is amazing to see the kids so excieted about them and actually touching them.
p.s. This is one pet I Will NOT inherit:)

Courtney Davey said...

Brittany you were my other dog fan and you went and got a gross snake!!! Now Mike will want us to get on! Dang you!! :) j/k. Hope all is well...Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

You never told me!!! The kids are adorable with them.

Trask Tribe said...

For the record, the first comment was from ME, NOT Brittany. I just happen to read her post right after she did it and made a comment. So it was signed in with her name. I didn't even notice until Heather told me. So again for the record. I HATE SNAKES!

Kaysie said...

I think it is cool that you went out of your comfort zone and let you husband and kids have the snakes. I don't really like snakes either, but i'm glad yours are working out!

Heather Stott said...

I think it's gross too, but I still hold them and think the kids are funny with them! haah... I wouldn't get one but id let william hold yours!

Anonymous said...

Well Brittany, Those crazy snakes bring back so many memories of when Jeff was younger. Jay Jay looks so much like Jeff and his exkpressions are so much like him too holding those snakes. You are just like I used to be when it came to the snakes YUCK !!!! But the kids do look like they are having fun with them.. Brydee isn't fearful like her aunts and grandma were Ha Ha.... I am sure Jeff is having as much fun as the kids are... Love Cindy

Christine said...

And I thought I was a nice wife! Snakes-yikes. Way cute blog!

L4GWTW said...

I love that you have snakes. Marcus won't let us have them again so Isaac will have to get his fill of them when he sees you. Love ya